Top 5 Things to do in Gili Air
Make some memories in the Gili Islands with these unforgettable experiences.
1. Island Hopping: The best way to spot turtles is to jump on a boat to explore the three Gili Islands and their surrounding reefs. You can join one of the many organised tours but if you want to avoid the crowds, we recommend hiring a private boat with local guide and captain. Either way you decide, your trip will include snorkel hire. Most trips will have 2-3 snorkel stops including Turtle Point and The Nest underwater sculptures and a stop for lunch. Remember to keep your distance from turtles and don’t ever touch them, they need space to come up to the surface for air. Here’s some more information about turtle etiquette. To book your snorkel adventure, email us here or talk to our friendly reception staff when you arrive.
2. Learn to Scuba Dive: Head underwater to get a better view of our sea life. Expect to see turtles, eels, reef sharks and beautiful tropical fish. You may even see mantas or whale sharks depending on the time of year. There are many dive shops in Gili Air where you can get your PADI certification. We recommend Blue Marlin Air or Ocean’s 5 Dive and can book you a special Stay & Dive package, email us for more information.
3. Sunset: Relax with a cocktail and watch the spectacular sunset over Bali’s Mt Agung. We’ve made a list of our favourite spots here.
4. Swing: The Gili Islands are famous for their beach swings and no Instagram is complete without at least one sunset swing shot. You won’t need to walk far to find one as new swings seem to be popping up every month. Here’s a list of our favourites.
5. Horse Riding: Another favourite sunset experience is a horse ride on the beach and if you’re lucky you will see the young local boys taking their horses for a swim in the ocean. Our reception staff can help you book.