Best Sunset Spots in Gili Air
Some of the best places to watch the sunset also serve some of our favourite food.
1. Mowie’s on the Beach: One of the busiest places on the island and for good reason, their food is amazing. You absolutely have to try the jackfruit tacos but seriously, everything is good and you’ll probably eat here more than once during your stay.
2. Legends: A refurb in 2019 has made this one of the cutest places on the beachfront and the menu also had an overhaul in the best possible way, so many delicious things to try. Legends is also the place to party on a Wednesday night.
3. Blue Marlin: A great place to listen to some live music as the sun goes down, good food and good vibes.
4. Island View: Locally owned with chilled island vibes, like the name says, this place has views overlooking Gili Meno and Trawangan. It has a swing too!
5. On a budget? Grab yourself some takeaway Bintangs and head down to the West beach where there is still plenty of undeveloped space far enough from bars and hotels to feel like you’re on a deserted tropical island.
6. We couldn't stop at 5! If you want that famous sunset swing photo and plan to party on with live music, Gili Lumbung is the place for you and it's just at the end of the Captain Coconuts road.
Or enjoy the sun going down over the palm trees at Captain Coconuts...
Mowie's at sunset
Our kids roaming the beach at sunset
Sunset by the pool at Captain Coconuts