5 Healthy Restaurants in Gili Air
1. Captain Coconuts: It’s easy to stay healthy on holidays in Gili Air. Our wholefoods café includes many gluten, dairy and sugar free options with a focus on fresh local ingredients. Our Bamboo Lodge guests enjoy a choice of Buckwheat Banana Pancakes, Apple Pie Oats or Vegetarian Omelette with tea and coffee. Private Bungalow guests also receive juice and fresh fruit platter. Anyone can dine at Captain Coconuts and you can also enjoy complimentary use of our pool and children’s play area, and for those who need to plug in, we have many power points in the café along with free 30mbps WiFi.
Here’s a list of our other favourite healthy eats on the Island:
2. Musa Cookery: Located in the centre of the island with beautiful décor and even a little treehouse dining area. You absolutely have to try their Sloppy Joe and Jackfruit Geros, our kids also love the chia pudding.
3. Pachamama: Not the easiest place to find but so worth the effort. This highly Instagrammable hideaway has delicious house made kombucha and an extensive menu. My pick is the eggplant burrito followed by the peanut butter truffle. Don’t forget to visit their little store on the way out for gifts, natural soaps and real dark chocolate.
4. Gili Food Forest: New to the island, this hidden gem is endeavouring to grow their own produce for use in their café, not an easy feat when the island’s water is quite salty. Starting out with a limited but highly considered and delicious menu. I recommend the curry and lemongrass drink and can’t wait to see what the future holds for this little oasis.
5. Gili Bliss: Locally owned by the ever positive and smiling Suki, this place is famous for their smoothie bowls and friendly “Girl Gang” staff.